Saturday, January 09, 2010

B is for Brooklynn

Today was Katy's baby shower for her soon to be bundle of joy Brooklynn. I decided that I wanted to take on the duty of making the cake. My FAVORITE shows are the amazing cake ones like ace of cakes and cake boss so I really wanted to try it and see if I was able to make an "amazing cake". I did a practice cake for my sister's 15th birthday to see if I could handle the job.
It turned out pretty good and tasted delicious! I'm very glad I did a trial run before I made the baby shower cake because I knocked out the bumps and was able to make Katy's cake relatively easily.
I made a Red Velvet cake with Buttercream frosting for the shower.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Courtney! You are so cute... and that cake is amazing! I hope all is well! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sooo proud of you. the cake turned out amazing. now i know what i need for my next birthday! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lauren and jess! of course i will make you one for your bday :) just slip me a request of the colors and ill whip one up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to say...WOW! I am in awe of how smooth and precise your fondant work is on that cake. I have tried using fondant before, and it is harder (I thought) than it seems. So props to you---and you even colored it so evenly. And I love that you are cultivating a new talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! It was a lot of fun to make :) I bought a fondant smoother from the cake supply store (off of Jefferson), that's my trick... and hiring my little sister to cut out and smooth the circles helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete