Monday, January 30, 2012

CSULB Grad Partyyy



It's official, I am a college grad & couldn't be happier! Never again will I have to write another paper, study for an exam, read textbooks that I have ZERO interest in, buy another scantron or blue book, walk what seems like 10 miles from one end of the CSULB campus to the other in less than 15 minutes, listen to another boring lecture, be unpleasantly surprised by a pop quiz, rearrange my schedule for the 3rd time after finding out all of the classes are full, drive over 2 hours in traffic to get to school, or do another homework assignment for the REST OF MY LIFE!!!.... or until I have to start my CPA review courses.... but still I feel free, happy, proud, & thankful! Thankful for all of the people who have gotten me to where I am now. Thankful for a debt free start to adulthood thanks to my Gigi, Gampy, Mom, & Dad. Thankful that I was given the opportunity to continue my education while still enjoying life & having fun along the way. Thankful that I now get to start a career rather than just have a job. Thankful.

We celebrated my graduation just a few days before Christmas, which ended up working out really well seeing that almost all of my friends and family were in town for the holidays. The party was black, yellow, & CSULB themed, a nod to my now alma mater, complete with a candy table and everything :)

My pride and joy of the night. We were prepping the desserts the entire night before and right up until the party. A little rushed but it turned out great!
[49'er marshmallows: marshmallows dipped in yellow colored chocolate then rolled in crushed Oreos.... YUM]
[Pretzel, Rolo, & Yellow M&Ms, a scrumptious treat Jess introduced me to]
[Long Beach Lemon Heads]
[Banana Cream Cupcakes]
[Diplomas: a Pirouette stick with black licorice tied around the middle]
[Grad Caps: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup topped with a Ghiradelli chocolate square, M&M, and icing for the tassel]
Thanks to Jessi for making these delicious treats!

Me & My Girls!! I was so glad that they could all be there to celebrate my graduation with me.
My family <3
opening presents :)
A true college grad!
The party was a total success. I had so much fun celebrating with those I love most. Now to see what the future brings... A new job? A new town? Who knows, all I know is that I am happy & thankful for the life I have and the people in it!

Some Highlights From My Graduation Ceremony

No comments:

Post a Comment